Sunday 15 March 2015

The Bedroom Door

Trying to become less angry (a few weeks ago) about property damage, I wrote a poem about my daughters bedroom door. I'm not a poet and was not going to share it but recent tweets have suggested it might make people smile??!!
So here goes

The bedroom door

Once I was clean and somewhat sturdy,
Over the years I've become battered and dirty.
Battered from slamming and shoving and kicking,
Dirty from marking and writing and sticking.

I am holding on tightly, by hinges so weak,
That now I've developed a very loud creak.
Time has come for me to go,
Replacement looms, I surely know.

My owner wants me to remain,
He's mine, I hear her loudly proclaim
She doesn't like change, no not all
Even if it's just the replacement of an old door.

So I have been given a little bit longer
Patched up and glued to get a bit stronger.
Like many other broken things here,
Maybe I'll last for another year?


I can not photo the door as her name is all over it! So I've taken a picture from a very old book, no copyright restrictions, with instructions on how to mend a door!



1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent poem. I get pretty upset about property damage, maybe I'll try this technique the next time it comes up at ours. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete